The rules are simple:
+ Anyone in the world may enter by sending in a fly caught tuna picture with our Capure Tag in the photo.
+ Only fish caught after 6am, 11th April may be entered.
+ Fish must be released alive.
+ Extra points for keeping the fish in the water for the picture.
+ Comp ends 22nd May.
+ Must have fun.
1) Wherever you are in the world, you may enter!
2) Flyfising only
3) Only Allothunnus, Auxis, Euthynnus, Katsuwonus, Thunnus Genera may be entered. These cover all tuna species. Unless you discover a new Tuna Species (EXTRA POINTS!!!)
4) Take a picture of your catch with the Capture Tag in the photo (One Point).
5) If the fish can be kept in the water for the picture you will receive 2 Points.
6) All entries will be eligible for a prize. Longest tuna will win a prize too (to be announced).
7) Send in your photos with a short description to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Tie 'n' Fly Tuna Derby 2015"
8) Competition is open to all ages and commences 6am 11th April. Concludes on the 22nd of May.
9) Those who join in for the Social Fish on the 11th April in Mooloolaba will receive complimentary Capture tags.
10) Please take care on the water. We promote safe watercraft handling and we'd like you to take care of the fish you catch.
11) Each point is a single entry into the prize pool.
12) Winner will be contacted after Derby ends. Uncollected winnings will be redrawn until gone.
13) Promote your gear as much as you want, there may be a prize for the biggest or best advertising in your photos.
CAPTURE TAG LINK - PDF
CAPTURE TAG LINK - WORD DOC